Easy Low-Carb Cheese Puff Crackers - 0.1g Net Carbs Each

These easy low-carb cheese puff crackers may be the simplest snack you'll ever make. All you need is a slice of cheese, parchment paper, and a microwave!
I originally came across the idea while looking at low-carb cracker recipes and couldn't believe how simple it was. Cut one slice of mozzarella into 16 little pieces, microwave them until they puff and crisp, and you've got homemade cheese crackers!
They're great when you get the munchies, alongside soup or salad, or whenever you want something crunchy. One slice of cheese makes about 16 crackers, with approximately 0.1g net carbs per cracker based on the cheese I used.
I used to make a batch in the morning whenever my cracker container was getting empty. They're that easy!
Servings: 1, about 16 crackers
Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: About 45 seconds
Net Carbs: Approximately 0.1g per cracker
Contains: Dairy
Made without: Wheat, gluten, soy, eggs, nuts, or added sugar*
Always check the ingredient label on your cheese if you're avoiding specific allergens or ingredients.
Directions:
- Cut one slice of mozzarella cheese in half, then continue cutting each piece in half until you have approximately 16 small pieces.
- Arrange the cheese pieces in a circle on parchment paper, leaving a little room between them. Do not use wax paper, as it can melt or stick.
- Leave the center empty because a piece placed there may cook faster and burn.
- Microwave for approximately 45 seconds, or until the cheese has puffed and is beginning to brown. Microwave times can vary, so watch them closely the first time.
- Let the crackers cool completely, then peel them from the parchment paper. They'll become crispier as they cool.
- Enjoy immediately or store in a covered container.
Optional: Sprinkle the cheese with your favorite seasoning before microwaving. I tried garlic salt and loved it!

Per cracker: approximately 4 calories and 0.1g carbs
Entire 16-cracker batch: approximately 60 calories and 2g carbs
Nutrition will vary depending on the brand and type of cheese used. Check your package for the most accurate information.
Photo credit: Catherine McDiarmid-Watt
All rights reserved
Shopping List:
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Eating Stella Style: Low-Carb Recipes for Healthy Living-- Eating Stella Style is really about mouthwatering recipes: How does a Hot Ham and Cheese Egg Roll sound for breakfast?
Or Strawberry and Mascarpone Cream Crêpes, Stella Style Baked Eggs Benedict, or Coconut Macaroon Muffins?
For lunch or dinner, choose Grilled Portabella and Montrachet Salad, Wood-Grilled Oysters with Dill Butter, Kim's Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Lemony White Wine Sauce, Shaved Zucchini Parmesan Salad, or Spaghetti Squash with Clams Provençal Sauce.
Satisfy your snack cravings with Better Cheddar Cheese Crisps, Devilish Deviled Eggs with Tuna, or Cheesy Pecan Cookies. And for dessert, try Pumpkin Pound Cake, Lemon Meringue Pie, Honeydew and Blackberry Granita, or Chocolate Pecan Truffles.
Click to read more
Category: cheese, crackers, gluten-free, keto, keto-friendly, low-carb, microwave recipes, nut-free, snacks





What a great idea - I think even I could do that!
I was making them in the oven! This is so much faster! Thanks!!
Dian
wow,, thanks. I'll be trying these soon.