Easy Low-Carb Cheese Crackers - 2 Ingredients

I originally made these cheese crackers because I wanted something crunchy to have with chicken soup.
I found a low-carb cracker recipe on DiabetesForum.com, but it used almonds, which I couldn't eat. So, as usual, I started experimenting. 😂
I ended up making my own incredibly simple version using mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. They were crispy, tasted great, and took only about a minute in the microwave.
My very scientific measurement for that first batch? I grated the cheese for 16 strokes and guessed it was about two ounces. 😂 Fortunately, I eventually figured out that about a tablespoon of mozzarella per cracker worked just fine.Ingredients
- 5 tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese, approximately 1 tbsp per cracker
- 1¼ tsp grated Parmesan cheese, approximately ¼ tsp per cracker
- Garlic salt or other seasoning, optional
Directions
- Cover a microwave-safe plate with parchment paper.
- Divide the mozzarella into 5 small piles, using approximately 1 tablespoon for each.
- Sprinkle each pile with approximately ¼ teaspoon Parmesan.
- Add a very light sprinkle of garlic salt or your favorite seasoning, if desired.
- Microwave for approximately 1 minute, or until the cheese has melted and begun to crisp.
- Allow the crackers to cool before removing them from the parchment. They'll firm up as they cool.
Looking for tiny cheese puffs instead? I also make an even simpler version using pieces of sliced mozzarella. Those puff up into about 16 bite-sized crackers.
Original calculated nutrition per cracker:
Approximately 36 calories | 3g fat | 0g carbohydrates | 3g protein
My original calculation showed 0g carbs using the cheese brands I had at the time. Nutrition varies by brand, and some cheeses may contain small amounts of carbohydrate.
Photo credit: Catherine McDiarmid-Watt
All rights reserved
Shopping List:
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION
300 15-Minute Low-Carb RecipesHundreds of Delicious Meals That Let You Live Your Low-Carb Lifestyle and Never Look Back
-- Eat well, stay fit, and maintain your low-carb diet with these 300 delicious and easy recipes that can be made in 15 minutes or less from start to finish. Simple and speedy cooking methods will lead you to a fabulous finished product every time.
Studies show that low-carbohydrate dieting works to take weight off and improve cholesterol. But 300 15-Minute Low-Carb Recipes proves that low-carb doesn't mean you have to sacrifice flavor and taste. All of these low-carb recipes by bestselling author Dana Carpender will provide you and your family with delicious, nutritious, and filling meals that will keep you feeling healthy and leave your stomach stuffed.
Category: cheese, crackers, gluten-free, keto-friendly, low-carb, microwave recipes, snacks





0 comments