Low-Carb Bacon, Cheese & Egg Muffins - 3.4g Net Carbs

Catherine McDiarmid-Watt | 7:11 AM | 2 comments

Image: Egg Muffins
I came across this recipe on Pinterest, and kalynskitchen.com - I am in love!

Image: preparing the recipe
So, as usual, I had to play with the recipe - of course, I made some changes. I tried it first in regular muffin pans with muffin papers - don't do it!

The muffins stick to the muffin papers and are impossible to remove. So next I tried them in large silicone muffin pans, and they popped out beautifully!

Servings: makes six large muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Net Carbs: 3.4g carbs per muffin
Potential Allergens: dairy, egg
Free of Wheat, Gluten, Soy, Sugar, Nuts, Tomato

Image: pour the ingredients into the muffin panIngredients:
2 cups of Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1 TBSP Parmesan Cheese, grated
1/3 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
4 slices Bacon, reduced salt
6 TBSP Peppers, yellow, red, green, chopped
6 large eggs
1 tsp baking powder, gluten-free
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp black pepper

Image: finished egg muffins cooling on a rack
Preparation:
Cut up bacon into small pieces and fry till well-cooked.

Distribute evenly in muffin cups.

Chop peppers and put 1 TBSP in each muffin cup.

Distribute the cheddar cheese in the muffin cups.

Mix eggs, cream, baking powder, and spices together. Pour into muffin cups, about 3/4 full. Stir lightly.

Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top and bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes, until muffins have risen and are lightly browned and set.

Nutritional Data:
Per muffin - 432g calories, 37.3g fat, 3.4 net carbs, 0.2 fiber, 21.1g protein
Estimated Glycemic Load - 1
Inflammation Factor - 0


Photo credit: Catherine McDiarmid-Watt
All rights reserved


Shopping List:
• Eggs
• Heavy Whipping Cream
Red, yellow, green peppers
Cheddar Cheese
Comal County Bacon
Grated Parmesan Cheese

Baking Powder, Gluten-Free, Sodium-Free
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Ground Black Pepper


 TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
1,001 Low-Carb Recipes: Hundreds of Delicious Recipes from Dinner to Dessert That Let You Live Your Low-Carb Lifestyle and Never Look Back1,001 Low-Carb Recipes: Hundreds of Delicious Recipes from Dinner to Dessert That Let You Live Your Low-Carb Lifestyle and Never Look Back
-- This tasty collection draws on the best 1,001 recipes from Dana Carpender’s bestselling books, including 500 Low-Carb Recipes, 15-Minute Low-Carb Recipes, 500 More Low-Carb Recipes, 200 Low-Carb Slow Cooker Recipes, The Low-Carb Barbeque Book, and Low-Carb Smoothies.

You’ll find delicious and varied options, including recipes for "high-carb" foods you thought you had to give up forever, such as Cinnamon Raisin Bread and Mocha Chocolate Cheesecake.

Staying on the low-carb course will be easy with choices from barbecue to slow-cooker to internationally inspired dishes.


Click to read more

Category: , , , , , , , , ,

Catherine

About Catherine: I am mom to three grown-up sons, two grandchildren, two rescue dogs and a rescue cat. After years of cooking and coming up with recipes for my severely allergic children with a multitude of allergies, I am tired of cooking and weary of worrying about what I eat. And then I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic and gluten-intolerant and the journey started all over again!

Note: I am not a dietician, nutritionist, or doctor nor do I claim to be a weight management expert. I am not legally allowed to give dietary advice. This is not dietary or medical advice, just a compilation of low carb recipes that taste great!

Find Catherine on Google+ - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter - Circle on Google+

2 comments

  1. Anonymous says:

    Could you use 1% milk instead of the heavy cream?

  2. You certainly could if losing weight is not your concern!

    However the point of these recipes is low carb/ high fat. Heavy cream has 7g carbs/1 cup, 1% milk has 14g carbs/1 cup.

    I was eating low fat, and struggled to lose weight. Now that I am eating low carb/high fat, I lose a bit of weight nearly every day!

I LOVE COMMENTS!
Don't just sit there, reading this recipe or post - say something! Will you try it out yourself? Do you have any ideas on how to improve it? Do you have any questions?

NOTE: Comments are moderated - just to stop the spambots - and so may take up to a few hours to be approved.

Catherine reserves the right to review, edit, refuse or delete any comment.