Follow us on Twitter, join us on Facebook, circle us on Google+ and follow us on Pinterest.

Monday's Carb Check-in

Catherine McDiarmid-Watt | 3:00 PM | 2 comments

Carb Check-inAre you wondering how hard it is to keep to a diet of 30 carbs per day?

Yesterday I ate less than 2,000 calories, only 23 net carbs and met my daily goal of 150 grams of fat.

I didn't have to eat anything weird or didn't like - and I felt full and satisfied! And I lost another pound since yesterday!

Here is my total nutrition for the day:

Nutritional Content:
Calories: 1,869
Fat: 153 grams
Carbs: 39 grams
Fiber: 16 grams
Protein: 70 grams
Total Net Carbs: 23 grams

Here is what I ate:

Breakfast: Two fried eggs, slice of deli ham and Havarti cheese
Calories: 407, Fat: 36g, Carbs: 0g, Fiber: 0g, Protein: 17g
Total Carbs: 0

Two Coffees, with heavy whipping cream, date palm sugar
Calories - 215, Fat - 20g, Carbs - 7g, Fiber - 0g, Protein - 0g
Total carbs - 3.5

Lunch - Chicken Caesar Salad
Caesar salad with diced chicken, bacon, Chia seed, Mozzarella & Parmesan cheese, Renee's Gourmet Caesar dressing
Calories - 489, Fat - 38g, Carbs - 6g, Fiber - 2g, Protein - 32g
Total carbs - 4

Snack: Cheese Puff Crackers (4 crackers), made from one slice of mozzarella cheese
Calories - 16, Fat - 0g, Carbs - 0g, Fiber - 0g, Protein - 0g

Dinner: Five Minute Blueberry Muffin
spread with butter, Pepperoni stick, Mini Cheesecake for dessert.
Calories - 742, Fat - 59g, Carbs - 26g, Fiber - 14g, Protein - 21g
Total carbs - 12


Original Stock Photo credit: ryasaurus
Modified by Catherine McDiarmid-Watt
All rights reserved

Category:

Catherine

About Catherine: I am mom to three grown-up sons, two grandchildren, two rescue dogs and a rescue cat. After years of cooking and coming up with recipes for my severely allergic children with a multitude of allergies, I am tired of cooking and weary of worrying about what I eat. And then I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic and gluten-intolerant and the journey started all over again!

Note: I am not a dietician, nutritionist, or doctor nor do I claim to be a weight management expert. I am not legally allowed to give dietary advice. This is not dietary or medical advice, just a compilation of low carb recipes that are good for you and taste great too!

Find Catherine on Google+ - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter - Circle on Google+

2 comments

  1. EmmaJ says:

    Hi, omg, the cheese crackers WERE GOOD!!! I was very skeptical. I used Monterrey Jack, because that's what I had. What is your daily carb limit? I am just starting on this path and have read to keep it under 50grams. Just wanted your insight. Thank you!

  2. EmmaJ says:

    Oh, duh, okay, I see that 30g is your limit. Sorry.

I LOVE COMMENTS!
Don't just sit there, reading this recipe or post - say something! Will you try it out yourself? Do you have any ideas on how to improve it? Do you have any questions?

NOTE: Comments are moderated - just to stop the spambots - and so may take up to a few hours to be approved.

Catherine reserves the right to review, edit, refuse or delete any comment.