Follow us on Twitter, join us on Facebook, circle us on Google+ and follow us on Pinterest.

Chicken Caesar Salad - 4.4 net carbs

Catherine McDiarmid-Watt | 3:12 PM | 1 comments

Chicken Caesar SaladHere was lunch today - remember this is a high fat diet, so we are not only using a high-fat dressing, but we are NOT going to drain the bacon, we are pouring the bacon grease right on your salad.

This was very filling!

Serves: 1
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Net Carbs - 4.4
Potential Allergens: Meat, dairy
Free of Wheat, Gluten, Eggs, Soy, Sugar, Nuts, no added salt.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup (65ml) chicken breast, roasted, diced
2 strips of Bacon, reduced sodium
4-6 leaves of Romaine lettuce
1/2 cup (125ml) Mozzarella Cheese, full-fat
1 tsp (3ml) Parmesan Cheese, grated
2 tbsp. (30ml) Caesar Dressing (look for 10g fat /1 tbsp)
1/2 tsp (3ml) Chia Seeds

Preparation:
In advance:
The night before, while I was making dinner, I baked the chicken breast at 350 F for 40 minutes. Then I let it cool and diced it up into small pieces. I put the diced chicken into a Rubbermaid container, and froze it. Now I had a week's supply of chicken, ready to go!

Bacon and chicken mixtureAt lunch time the next day, I cut up two raw bacon strips into small pieces with kitchen scissors - much easier than after it is cooked.

I begin frying the bacon bits, and once there is some bacon grease in the pan, I toss in 1/4 cup of frozen cooked/diced chicken.

I continue to fry this mixture until it is lightly crisp. (Do not drain bacon)

break up and wash the romaine lettuce, spin dryThen I break up and wash the romaine lettuce. I use a salad spinner to spin dry the lettuce.


Combine as follows:
1. Tear up 1/2 of romaine lettuce and place in salad bowl.

2. Grate 1/2 of full-fat mozzarella cheese in lettuce.

salad preparations3. Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of full-fat Parmesan cheese onto lettuce

4. Sprinkle 1/4 tsp Chia seeds onto lettuce.

5. Add 1 tbsp of high fat Caesar dressing onto lettuce

6. Add 1/2 of bacon/chicken mixture onto lettuce, including some bacon grease.

Tear up second half of lettuce, and repeat above steps 1-6...

Now I just mix up my salad, and enjoy!

Finished Caesar SaladNutritional Data:
One serving - 489 calories, 38.2g fat, 5.9g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 32.3g protein
Estimated Glycemic Load - 2
Inflammation Factor - 0

For more information:
Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Chicken Caesar Salad


Photo credit: Catherine McDiarmid-Watt
All rights reserved



Shopping List:
Comal County Bacon
Fresh Mozzarella (BelGioioso)
Grated Parmesan Cheese (OrlandoGreco)
Bob's Red Mill Chia Seeds
Newman's Own Creamy Caesar Dressing



TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Low-Carb Green Salads For Lunch and DinnerLow-Carb Green Salads For Lunch and Dinner
- Low-Carb Green Salads for Lunch & Dinner contains over 140 recipes with superb dressings and vinaigrettes. These dishes target people who specialize in eating healthy food.

I’ve employed updated methods, new techniques, and fresh presentations to create new dishes low in carbohydrates that are fit for any discriminating table. Working aboard the luxury yacht Celtic Pride has given me the opportunity to test out these recipes on celebrity guests such as Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Some my audience’s favorite dishes are: Pancetta and Watercress Salad with Lemon Champagne Vinaigrette, Grilled Oyster Mushroom and Roast Beef Salad with Parmesan Vinaigrette, Grilled Halibut Salad with Lemon Pistachio Vinaigrette, Spring Mix, Gorgonzola and Chorizo Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette, Rib Eye Steak and Frisee Salad with Pecorino, Ahi Tuna and Mesclun Salad with Pumpkin-Seed Vinaigrette.


Click to read more

Category: , , ,

Catherine

About Catherine: I am mom to three grown-up sons, two grandchildren, two rescue dogs and a rescue cat. After years of cooking and coming up with recipes for my severely allergic children with a multitude of allergies, I am tired of cooking and weary of worrying about what I eat. And then I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic and gluten-intolerant and the journey started all over again!

Note: I am not a dietician, nutritionist, or doctor nor do I claim to be a weight management expert. I am not legally allowed to give dietary advice. This is not dietary or medical advice, just a compilation of low carb recipes that are good for you and taste great too!

Find Catherine on Google+ - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter - Circle on Google+

1 comments

  1. Susan says:

    Mmm... that salad looks really delicious!

I LOVE COMMENTS!
Don't just sit there, reading this recipe or post - say something! Will you try it out yourself? Do you have any ideas on how to improve it? Do you have any questions?

NOTE: Comments are moderated - just to stop the spambots - and so may take up to a few hours to be approved.

Catherine reserves the right to review, edit, refuse or delete any comment.