Follow us on Twitter, join us on Facebook, circle us on Google+ and follow us on Pinterest.

Cheese Puff Crackers - 0.1 carb/cracker

Catherine McDiarmid-Watt | 5:00 PM | 3 comments

Cheese Puff CrackersThis is the simplest, easiest recipe you will ever make. I was reading this Low Carb Cracker recipe. It is so simple, you just take a cheese slice, cut it up into small pieces and microwave!

This would be a great idea when you get the munchies - you get 16 chips out of just one slice of cheese! Even if you ate all 16 crackers in one sitting, that is still just a 2g carbs snack!

I make a batch of these each morning, (if I am out of crackers) and eat a few of them with my salad, with soup or when I need a quick snack.

Serves: 1
Prep Time: 1 minute
Net Carbs - 0.1 carbs /per cracker
Potential Allergens: dairy
Free of Wheat, Gluten, Soy, Eggs, Sugar, Nuts, Meat, no added salt.

Place cheese pieces in a circle on parchment paperPreparation:
I cut one mozzarella cheese slice in half, in half again, in half again - until I had 16 small pieces.

Then I placed the cheese pieces in a circle on parchment paper (do not use wax paper, it will melt to the cheese). Do not put one piece in the middle because it will cook faster than the rest, and burn.

Cook in the microwave for 45 seconds. The pieces will puff up and brown slightly.

Finished cheese crackers. Let cool and peal off parchment paperTake out and let cool.

Peel off paper (paper can be reused) and store the cheese crackers in a container.

You could also add any seasoning you liked. In one experiment, I sprinkled some garlic salt on a slice of cheese, then cut it up. Delicious!

Nutritional Data:
For 1 cracker: 4 calories, 0.2 g fat, 0.1 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 0.2 g protein
For all 16 crackers: 60 calories, 4.0 g fat, 2.0 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 4.0 g protein
Estimated Glycemic Load - 0
Inflammation Factor - 0

For more information:
Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Cheese Puff Crackers


Photo credit: Catherine McDiarmid-Watt
All rights reserved



Shopping List:
Miller's Sliced Natural Mozzarella Cheese
Wilton Parchment Paper


TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Eating Stella Style: Low-Carb Recipes for Healthy LivingEating Stella Style: Low-Carb Recipes for Healthy Living
-- Eating Stella Style is really about mouthwatering recipes: How does a Hot Ham and Cheese Egg Roll sound for breakfast?

Or Strawberry and Mascarpone Cream Crêpes, Stella Style Baked Eggs Benedict, or Coconut Macaroon Muffins?

For lunch or dinner, choose Grilled Portabella and Montrachet Salad, Wood-Grilled Oysters with Dill Butter, Kim's Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Lemony White Wine Sauce, Shaved Zucchini Parmesan Salad, or Spaghetti Squash with Clams Provençal Sauce.

Satisfy your snack cravings with Better Cheddar Cheese Crisps, Devilish Deviled Eggs with Tuna, or Cheesy Pecan Cookies. And for dessert, try Pumpkin Pound Cake, Lemon Meringue Pie, Honeydew and Blackberry Granita, or Chocolate Pecan Truffles.


Click to read more

Category: , ,

Catherine

About Catherine: I am mom to three grown-up sons, two grandchildren, two rescue dogs and a rescue cat. After years of cooking and coming up with recipes for my severely allergic children with a multitude of allergies, I am tired of cooking and weary of worrying about what I eat. And then I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic and gluten-intolerant and the journey started all over again!

Note: I am not a dietician, nutritionist, or doctor nor do I claim to be a weight management expert. I am not legally allowed to give dietary advice. This is not dietary or medical advice, just a compilation of low carb recipes that are good for you and taste great too!

Find Catherine on Google+ - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter - Circle on Google+

3 comments

  1. Alison says:

    What a great idea - I think even I could do that!

  2. Anonymous says:

    I was making them in the oven! This is so much faster! Thanks!!
    Dian

  3. Sonny G says:

    wow,, thanks. I'll be trying these soon.

I LOVE COMMENTS!
Don't just sit there, reading this recipe or post - say something! Will you try it out yourself? Do you have any ideas on how to improve it? Do you have any questions?

NOTE: Comments are moderated - just to stop the spambots - and so may take up to a few hours to be approved.

Catherine reserves the right to review, edit, refuse or delete any comment.